Warning! These are seriously scrummy!
Yup, you read it right – no baking skills required!
These are perfect with a cup of tea, mid morning snack or lunch box sweet.
What you’ll need:
- margarine (for greasing)
- wooden spoon
- metal baking tray
- mixing bowl
- small pan
- cling film
- blender/food processor
- space in your freezer
- 225g jumbo rolled oats
- 50g plain or chocolate rice pops
- 85g sultanas
- 85g dried mixed fruit (chopped small)
- 100g agave (from the sugar aisle)
- 100g peanut butter
- 125g runny honey
What to do:
- Lightly grease your baking tray and line with cling film.
- Blitz the porridge oats in your food processor/blender until slightly powdery. This is important or they won’t stick together.
- Pour into your mixing bowl, adding the sultanas, dried mixed fruit and rice pops. Stir well.
- Heat the agave, peanut butter and honey in a pan over a medium heat until melted. Top Tip: when measuring out the wet ingredients, use the pan as your measuring bowl to save on the mess!
- Pour over the oat mixture and mix with a spoon until it has cooled slightly. Then get in there with your hands to make sure the oats and fruit are well and truly coated. Top Tip: lick your hands clean!
- Tip the mixture into the lined tray and spread evenly. Lay another piece of cling film over the top and press down firmly
- Leave in the freezer for 1 hour until set.
- Remove from the freezer and take off the top layer of cling film. Turn out onto a chopping board and remove the rest of the cling film. Cut into 24 bars (or less if you want a nice big piece, which you will).
These will keep if you wrap in grease proof paper and store in a sealed container in the fridge. They can also be kept in the freezer, but let’s be honest, they aren’t going to last that long.